Young Living’s essential oils and products represent the best of nature. The high standards they set for themselves is evidenced through the Seed to Seal quality.The Seed to Seal quality commitment has three pillars: Sourcing, Science, and Standards.
Essential oils are not created equally. Young Living never compromises the quality of oils by adding synthetics, fillers or contaminants. Young Living never uses unethical production practices. Sourcing is from vetted corporate-owned farms, partner farms, and Seed to Seal certified suppliers. Products go through numerous amounts of testing and if it does not meet Young Living’s standards, the batch is rejected.
Young Living and all of our partners must meet the highest standards in:
- Agricultural Practices
- Harvesting & Collection
- Extraction & Distillation Practices
- Storage & Bottling
Third party testing is used to ensure quality is being met.
Numerous tests measure the components and properties of the essential oils. Every test is repeated numerous times. The testing starts on the farms and continues until the final stage prior to shipping
Highly trained and highly skilled scientists perform state-of-the-art tests, including but not limited to:
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma-Atomic Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES)
- Gas Chromatography (GC)
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
- Automated Micro-Enumeration
- Accelerated Stability Testing
- Flash Point
- Water Activity
- Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GCMS)
- Chiral Chromatography
- Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry (IRMS)
Young Living developed a global compliance program that outlines a series of mandatory policies and guidelines. Young Living’s commitment to sustainable business includes reforestation of harvested trees; recycling at Young Living offices; and the construction of our brand-new, LEED-certified headquarters in Lehi, Utah.